Friday, October 15, 2010

Katharine Hepburn: Dressed for Stage & Screen


(from left to right: Long Day's Journey Into Night, Without Love(stage), Adam's Rib)

Kent State in Kent, Ohio is having a year long exhibit called Katharine Hepburn Dressed for Stage and Screen which features 35 mannequined costumes and a wealth of movie posters, playbills and even a box of Hepburn's makeup it runs through Sept. 4, 2011 at the museum, after which it may travel.


Without Love Stage production, costume is featured in first photo in the middle.

Katharine Hepburn is my favorite actress along side Bette Davis. This would be a treat, to put it mildly to visit. Seeing her costumes in color would be amazing. Some of the costumes they are featuring come from The Philadelphia Story stage play, her Chanel costumes from Coco, the beautiful finale dress she wears in Stage Door, and of course her famous pants that she was known for.

I am seriously considering going to this, I have to! It's like the ultimate Kate Hepburn Costume exhibit ever. Since it is running for a year there is a possibility I could go. *keeping fingers crossed*

2 comments:

  1. oh my gosh! I really hope this comes to NYC I would LOVE to see it! oh wow. . .!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, they look pretty cool. It must have been amazing! Great blog, been browsin' your tumblrs. They are great! I am a fellow Bette Davis and other classic movie star obbsessive! Check out my blog!

    bettesmovieblog.blogspot.com
    ~Bette

    ReplyDelete